What Do You Need to Bring to Camp?
We spend the majority of our time at camp engaged in hands-on learning in the natural environment and being prepared/proper packing is the key to enjoying the camp experience. Below is a list of items which are useful at camp.
- Tennis / Closed Toe Shoes
- Underclothes / Socks
- Old T-Shirts
- Jeans (Required for Horses)
- Light Jacket
- Hat / Cap
- Rain Gear
- Shampoo / Soap
- Toothbrush / Toothpaste
- Comb / Brush
- 1 Set of Twin Sheets
- Sleeping Bag
- Durable Water Bottle
- Flashlight / Batteries
- Disposable Camera
What Do You NOT Need to Bring to Camp?
- Food / Candy
- Cell Phone
- Video Games
- Digital & Video Cameras
- IPODS / MP3 Players
- CD’s / Tapes / DVD’s
- Jewelry / Valuables
- ANYTHING you or the camper would be upset if it became stained, scratched or lost
- The SAFETY of your child and everyone at camp is top priority.
- Students are under constant adult supervision.
- The camp staff are trained in first aid and CPR, plus, quick access to 911 services is available.
- The school is responsible for distributing medications to students.
- Students do not swim in the water. Life jackets are mandatory for the boat trip to the Island.
- Classes/activities are curriculum based and specifically designed to include information covered on the STAAR test.
- The cabins are heated, air conditioned, and restrooms and showers are inside each cabin.