Why Should Children Attend Our Outdoor Education Program?
Adventure, exploration, and amazing learning opportunities await your child!
What Do You Need to Bring to Camp?
We spend the majority of our day engaged in hands-on learning in the out of doors. Which is very exciting! However, proper packing is key to enjoying your camp experience. Below is a list of items which are useful at camp.
- Tennis / Closed Toe Shoes
- Underclothes / Socks
- Old T-Shirts
- Jeans (Required for Horses)
- Light Jacket
- Hat / Cap
- Rain Gear
- Shampoo / Soap
- Toothbrush / Toothpaste
- Comb / Brush
- 1 Set of Twin Sheets
- Sleeping Bag
- Durable Water Bottle
- Flashlight / Batteries
- Disposable Camera
What Do You NOT Need to Bring to Camp?
- Food / Candy
- Cell Phone
- Video Games
- Digital & Video Cameras
- IPODS / MP3 Players
- CD’s / Tapes / DVD’s
- Jewelery / Valuables
- ANYTHING you or the camper would be upset if it became stained, scratched, or lost
- The SAFETY of your child and everyone at camp is top priority.
- Students are under constant adult supervision.
- The camp staff are trained in first aid and CPR, plus, quick access to 911 services is available.
- The school is responsible for distributing medications to students.
- Students do not swim in the water. Life jackets are mandatory for the boat trip to the Island.
- Classes/activities are curriculum based and specifically designed to include information covered on the STAAR test.
- The cabins are heated, air conditioned, and restrooms and showers are inside each cabin.